Parent, Family, and Community Involvement
Each of our schools strives to engage with the community (PSD School Board Direction – Communication, Engagement and Involvement). Specific examples/plans of this parent and community engagement can be found on the school’s annual performance report by clicking here.
Use of Technology
In each of our schools, technology is a primary tool to facilitate instruction and these tools have a positive impact on student learning. Technology also allows our school to communicate effectively with parents through a variety of innovative means. We also use various district software applications for student intervention as we continue to develop Response to Intervention (RTI) systems in our school.
We use the following software applications for this work:
- Blackboard/Edline websites: Contains teacher instructional materials and guidelines; communication for parents, and student access to instructional materials.
- STAR Reading and Math Assessments: Diagnostic assessments to provided benchmark indicators on student performance in reading and math.
- PerformancePLUS: Repository for all state, district, and building assessment data; data available to analyze student performance by school teams.
- Blackboard Connect: Communication tool to inform parents on important school information and student learning events.
Brouillet staff participates in professional development throughout the school year and the summer. This year, Brouillet staff will participate in professional development addressing the following:
- Using technology to support student learning
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Using the Framework for Teaching to enhance professional practice
- Using the Anti-Bias Framework to recognize and celebrate diversity
- Using brain breaks to support student learning
- Use of curriculum and assessment
- Safety procedures
RTI - Response to Intervention
Brouillet uses an RTI cycle to help each student succeed. Grade level teams meet regularly and set academic goals for their students. When we meet back together several weeks later, we look at student progress, discuss strategies and interventions to help those students who haven’t yet met the goal, and set new goals. This process is called Response to Intervention, or RTI. We know that not all of our students learn and grow at the same pace. However, we also know that every child CAN reach high standards. At Brouillet, we are committed to doing everything we can to support the learning of each child.